Specialty paper chemicals help reduce the consumption of water and energy and increase the use of wastepaper as well as save raw materials by decreasing the paper weight without sacrificing the functional or optical properties of the paper sheet. They also enabled the tremendous speed increase of paper machines. Often, they are formulations of several chemicals, but there are also many single-chemical products. Water treatment chemicals used in the paper industry are not included in the specialty paper chemicals category.
The major objectives for paper producers are attaining or improving profitability, meeting customer needs, and embracing technological change, particularly to meet regulations but also to meet the first two objectives. The changing needs of paper producers and a highly competitive marketplace create a very selective environment for improved, new and different specialty paper chemicals. Among a number of major issues impacting the global specialty paper chemicals industry are the following:
- Consolidation, causing mill closures and fewer, larger customers.
- Closed-loop water systems, reducing effluent discharge and creating new chemical demands.
- Partnering of paper companies with a few select suppliers, generally decreasing the number of distributors.
- Higher collection and utilization of reclaimed fiber from postindustrial and postconsumer waste in place of virgin pulp; however, China competes for imports of this recovered paper, particularly from the United States, as it needs a source of pulp for its rapidly growing, but pulp-deficient paper industry.
To reduce costs and achieve environmental and regulatory compliance objectives, the use of virgin fibers (especially chemical pulps) and alum is expected to decrease, while recycled paper fibers, fillers and pigments, and specialty paper chemicals will extend their share in the raw material mix of the paper and board industry.
- Coagulants and Flocculants
- Sizing Chemicals
- Strength Resins
- Microbiocides and Deposit Control
- Defoamer and Antifoamers
- De-inking Refining and Bleaching Additives
- Paper Dyes
Our Paper Chemical products:
Maxtreat DSC 5683
Maxlite Blue RL
Maxtreat DI 16
Maxtreat DI 25
Maxlite Violet BM
Maxtreat Fc- 5938
Maxtreat 5004 MDF
Maxtreat PS 5009
Maxtreat YDC 5230